Made in the Ventura, CA by Mafia Bags - https://mafiabags.com
Approximate Dimensions: 64"L x 55"W / 162cm L x 139cm W
Approximate Weight: 4.4lbs or 70 oz. / 2000g or 2kg
BEDROLLS WILL SHIP WEEK OF DECEMBER 5TH
- Constructed from repurposed sailcloth and loom woven wool. Every bedroll is unique.
- Color: Warm Olive.
- Soft, pre-washed wool on the top layer. (90% wool/10% synthetic).
- Water resistant sailcloth on the bottom layer.
- Straps are a cream herringbone nylon webbing.
- Handle is made from seatbelt webbings.
- Bedroll comes with double straps to keep it rolled when not in use.
- Magnetic buckles are strong and light.
- Large grommet attached in each corner.
- Machine washable. Pre-washed wool will not shrink.
One of my favorite films I ever worked on was Space Cowboys, directed by Clint Eastwood. I worked for 7 months with a team at ILM to make a crazy accurate space shuttle. At the end of production, Clint sent every member of the crew a bedroll as the crew gift. I was bemused at first, not sure what I'd use it for, and eventually fell head over heels in love. And that bedroll lived in the trunk of every one of my cars for 20 years. It was the perfect picnic blanket: water resistant on one side, a soft wool on the other. Clasps for easy rolling up and transport. I changed my kids diapers on it, and with it, took them on countless adventures. This is our version of that classic design. A large grommet is attached in each corner for rigging as needed. The clasps are amazing magnetic buckles. I think of this item kind of like a workbench for life: it creates a small space for order and some comfort wherever you might find yourself.